Wednesday, March 6, 2013

i don't understand violence. i really, really don't. my sister and i saw a couple fighting in a parking lot today. i kept an eye on things- and then it got physical. the man started shoving and shaking her inside the car- they stepped out and it continued. i got out of my car- my sister stayed with my nudge in the backseat- and got the man's attention. he was so angry, it didn't matter that i- and then two other people- were there. it didn't matter that their two children were there. the anger and the violence won over.
i don't know if there is something more i could have done- the ordeal lasted about fifteen minutes, and ended with her taking the car and the children and him getting a ride back to work with the other two people- i tried giving her my number and a safe place in the event she and her kiddos needed it, and nothing worked. she wanted to be alone. i wish there was more i could have done. i wish there was some way that i could know they were safe now.
i know i held my husband's hand a little tighter, and hugged my nudge a little harder afterwords.
hug your loved ones and be thankful that they are safe with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment